Monday, April 30, 2012

Could It Be...A Manic Monday?

Yes, it was 6 o' clock when I woke up and discovered it was a MANIC MONDAY

I was up much too late last night, caught up in a facebook chat with my delightful Medi-friend Kelsey.  I didn't get as much sleep as normal.  I was all worked up about the challenge starting in my coach's facebook group, the Biggest Loser weigh-in at school, and just the plain and simple fact that...IT'S MONDAY!!!

My daily dose of green tea brewing.


Now, like any well-planned woman who has to step on a scale at an appointed time, I was not about to be eating, drinking, slurping or biting on anything until ALL of my weigh ins were done.  And this wasn't any ordinary Monday morning.  

Oh no!  There was no waking up and doing the birthday suit weigh in and calling it a day.  Nope!  

Today, I had to take a picture of the number on the scale...showing my feet.  And I had to post it to the coach's facebook group for all the world - well, all the world of the super-secret-it's-okay-to-post-your-weight-facebook-group - to see.  Yep.  That's what I did first thing today.

Then, I got ready for a Monday at school...still no food...and headed to school.  I started my first class of the day and then...I weighed in AGAIN.  That's right, friends - today was weigh-in day for The Biggest Loser at work!  And - I'm down 4.5 lbs. since we first weighed in last Monday.  Oh YEAH!!!

And, as much as I was in a funk, waiting to get my first meal of the day in and waiting for the nurse to make her way to her 3rd floor office so that I could 1. get the weigh-in over 2. see how I did on her scale and 3. get back to my classroom and enjoy my Cappuccino, I can't tell you how great it felt to see the 4.5 lb. loss and Nurse Natasha's face when she did the math.  Oh yes!!!  THIS GIRL is going to be winning The Biggest Loser...work edition!

The rest of my day went on as usual and I'm safely back home about to enjoy my Lean & Green dinner of Romaine, Light Hidden Valley Ranch, Spaghetti Squash and Ground Turkey with Italian Seasoning...mostly leftovers from last night - which I have been looking forward to all day.  Then, it's time to lace up the shoes and head outdoors for some fresh air and a walk.

My friends, have a fabulous rest of a Monday and I will see you tomorrow.

Go get 'em, tigers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I feel bad keeping you up so late!! :(

    I love your cookbook collection though!

    ReplyDelete