Sunday, April 29, 2012

Could I Be...A Morning Person?

Originally Published April 21, 2012


I've been on spring break for the past three weeks.  EVERY day I have been up by 7:30 without an alarm.  There have been NO days that I've needed to be up for any reason.  This week, it has been more like 5 or 6 am.  

While I am fairly certain that Monday morning will arrive and I'll be back to my snooze button ways, I spent part of this morning imagining a life where I'm a morning person...

Walks to the sunrise...
Running when there's nobody out yet...
Cycling without the traffic...
Not getting tangled by the leashes of neighborhood dogs...
Peace, quiet and tranquility before a day in a central-city high school...
Time to collect my thoughts before the day gets away from me...
Getting a workout in before the rest of my day has a chance to take shape...

I think I am liking the sound of this.  I think that I could become a morning person, once more.

You see, I've had two other forays into the morning person world...

In college, I worked as a lifeguard at the YMCA.  My friend and I worked the opening shift (5 am, friends!) so that we could get our hours in before we bolted to class and studying.  We alternated who stopped at the McD's on the corner for coffee each morning.

A few years ago, when I was deep into running, I naturally woke up every morning around 5 to run.  Literally.  I woke up, jumped into my running gear, laced up my shoes, strapped on my heart-rate monitor and hit the streets.  

So, if I've done it before...surely I can do it again...

Right?

Signing off...daydreaming of tomorrow morning's walk...and Monday's...ahh...

No comments:

Post a Comment