Sunday, April 29, 2012

Drinks and Veggies and Buffalo Chicken, Oh My!

Originally Published April 19, 2012


Ah...it's a happy Day 4 and all is right in my world.  I'm down 8.7 since Monday and I've sailed through the day.  I even got a nap in this afternoon.  

I've been playing around with my drinks this week.  I have a PILE of Chai Latte because I ordered a bunch of the Coffee House Gift Sets with my last order in an attempt to be economically savvy.  Every time I have a Chai Latte, I try it with a different tea.  Well, my new favorite is Apple Cinnamon.  Oh my!  That is tasty.  Also, I've always made my meals into shakes...but for the past two days I've been doing my Cappuccino, Hot Cocoa and Chai Latte as intended...hot.  It's been chilly and damp in these parts, so it's helped to keep the chill out of my bones.

I made a trip to the grocery store tonight and you wouldn't believe the stockpile of frozen veggies I came home with.  There was a 10 for $10 sale and I went a little crazy.  Add to that the coupons I had for 2 other brands and I am set for greens for a while!  There is a lot of mashed cauliflower in my future...and that's a-okay with me!  And, I got in a whole lot of walking because I played a little game - alternating sides of the store on my list and crossing the store about 10 times to complete my list.  Those steps added up and the fitbit is very happy!

Right now, I have some Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken going in the Crock Pot to cook overnight.  Oh, how I love that stuff!  I used a 3-lb. bag of frozen chick breasts, so I'll be freezing some of the final product for future meals.  I know that I'm going to go crazy when I can start smelling that hot sauce - but I'll be so much less crazy when I have dinners prepared when I go back to school next week.

Okay...time to kick back with my Hot Cocoa and a dvd from the library.

Happy Medifasting, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment