Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sick Day

Originally Published April 25, 2012


I woke up with a sinus infection, it just started raining, and I'm determined to make it through this ON PROGRAM. 

I did a quick trip to the store for some comfort food - some Sunrise Orange Crystal Light (which I dilute the daylights out of...there's calories in that stuff - the nerve!), some romaine lettuce to throw my buffalo chicken on (I really do believe that spicing things up helps clear the nastiness out) and a 12 pack of Diet Mug Root Beer.  

That's right.  There were no donuts, ice cream, Hi-C Orange Drink, or monster breakfast sandwiches on my list - and they didn't even sneak in the cart - despite the lovely stuffed head that had me feeling like I was weaving through the store like a drunk!  Nope...just things that I can happily include in my day(s) no guilt and lots of pleasure.  I did tell you yesterday what I do with that Root Beer, right?  Oh, it's just fabulous!

Now, I'm going to run out for 5 minutes to pick up discs 1 & 2 of season 2 of Downton Abbey that are waiting for me at the library.  Then, it's pajamas, big sweater, fleece blanket, chai latte with hot tea, my chair and the dvds...with a nap or two thrown in for good measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment