Sunday, April 29, 2012

To Fly Over Hurdles

Originally Published January 18, 2012



Oh, how life has a way of keeping things interesting.  Well, in this case it's me shaking things up just a little bit more.

Yesterday I registered for my next grad class after taking the summer and fall semester off to deal with life.  Now, I'm ready to get my head back into the academic game - for myself, that is!

My class starts this Saturday.  Yep!  Saturday morning class.  Actually, this is a good thing.  I do much better in class when I'm refreshed and focused than after a long day teaching.

Of course, this Saturday was the day I was going to attend an open Crossfit class that is welcoming newcomers.  And, while my classes are biweekly, class will push two scheduled - and paid for - races off the calendar.  It may also force me to reschedule when I'll be doing my first half-marathon...fortunately, there are a number of those around the same time, so I can probably find one within a few weeks of when I was planning.

So, off I head to Amazon to order the books I need for class.  I think I'll need to get to the office store before Saturday...new school supplies are in order!

As I add another challenge to my plate, I'm committing to doing a small thing that will help keep me focused on the other challenges I'm already juggling...I will walk to class.  Okay, I live about a half mile from the college, but I think it's something that will keep me focused on balancing my priorities.

I just hope there's not a blizzard on Saturday!

Here's to flying over the hurdles along our path!

No comments:

Post a Comment