Sunday, April 29, 2012

Run, Jenny, Run!

Originally Published October 23, 2011



I haven't blogged since I got sick - just over a week ago.  I've missed this outlet, but have been checking in on everyone else during this time away.

Since then, I've gone through all the stages of upper respiratory infection fun and excitement, joined the $10 a month gym two blocks from home, baked four dozen cupcakes for my goddaughter's birthday, hosted a chocolate party (and didn't indulge in anything except my chocolate MF shake), and I've started running.  Yes, this girl here...the one who started this program less than two months ago weighing in at a whopping 279 pounds...this girl who is now down 40 pounds...she is RUNNING!

I could cry...real tears that would be mixed with the sweat staining my face.  

My first trip to the gym landed me on a treadmill in front of a tv airing the President's press conference.  I turned to my trusty iPod and cranked up the volume...and the incline...and the speed.  Oh yes!  I had my iPod and my cute water bottle...and cute socks (always - always cute socks for this girl!)!  That first run was 2.4 miles of non-stop huffin' it until my 25 minutes (self-imposed time for day #1 post chest/nasal ick) was up.  

My second trip just ended.  I was in front of the Packers v Vikings game, again with the trusty iPod and my spotted (not moldy, polka-dots!) water bottle and a groovy playlist. 

I'm so excited to be running and doing this for ME that I could cry.  But, I don't want to be the girl who cries at the gym...so I'll save me tears for the post run shower!

Wishing each of you a cathartic experience like this along your journey.

Hugs, love, and lots of water for you!
~Jennyv

No comments:

Post a Comment