Sunday, April 29, 2012

Learning

Originally Published September 5, 2011


All day I was looking forward to having some time with my two besties tonight.  Well, one was sick.  We get it.  Stay home, get better, see you next weekend.

Then, I get a text from the other saying that they just got in from a family cook-out and that if I still want her to come and want some company, call.  Otherwise, it would be nice to get the kids settled and stay home.

Well, I didn't call.  I exploded into a big emotional pile of tears.

Everything that has been bugging me lately was why I was crying.  Divorce, being alone, feeling like a big failure, now even my friends don't want to come over...

Oh yeah...I was having a big pity party right in my house - all by myself.  

All while sipping away at my bottle of water.

Then, the phone rang.  I knew who it would be - and I had better answer it, or there'd be a knock at the door in 20 minutes.

Well, I did answer, and she came over anyhow.

We had a great visit, great conversation, great everything.  She even ate up some of the things that are in the house that I will not be eating.

Then, she apologized.  She said her head was up her behind and that she was sorry.  She knew I wouldn't ask her to come - but she knew she needed to.  For me as much as for her.  

Sure, I could have texted back or called saying, "Come on over!"

And, yes...I got a few tears out.  And, I got a few more out when she was here.

Sometimes, I just need to put on my big girl pants (that will not always be big) and ask for help.

Other times, it's really nice when the help knows to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment