Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Sent My Dinner Back to the Kitchen

Originally Published April 22, 2012


I never thought I'd be one to send my food back if it came out wrong.  Heck, I could handle whatever they sent me.  No problem.

Nope...I am the girl that sent her dinner back because there were potatoes, a pile of cheese and a load of creamy sauce on top of my chicken and steamed vegetables.

Having worked as a server for over 11 years (through college and my first few years of teaching), I have taken many meals back to the kitchen for one reason or another.  With this experience in my pocket, I had no guilt over being the person refusing to eat what was put in front of me.  It wasn't what I'd ordered.  The server repeated my order back to me TWO times.  He never even brought my salad...until I sat for over 15 minutes with NO food and my friends were almost done with their dinners.  

After 25 minutes, I finally had a grilled chicken breast, mushrooms and steamed veggies.  It was tasty.  I think.  It was after 10:30 at night (we'd been to a 7:00 movie before dinner).  I was ready to drink the bottle of ketchup! 

Of course, there was a tasty Cherry Pomegranate shake all mixed up and ready to go in the water botter stowed in my purse, but I am on 5&1, not 6&0!

Have a Happy Medifasting Sunday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment