Sunday, April 29, 2012

A New Gadget

Originally Published April 18, 2012


A few years ago, when I was deep into running & cycling, I had a wild love affair with my Polar Heart Rate Monitor.  I loved being able to watch my progress in numbers and to see it graphed out.  Oh, I lived for the beeping that indicated I was in my Target Heart Rate Zone.  

Today, I picked up something new.  It doesn't require me to wear an elastic strap around my chest.  It doesn't require a clunky watch on my wrist (I'm not really a watch girl).  It can slip on my waistband or be discreetly stowed on my bra - imagine!

I have joined the masses that swear by...the fitbit!

It is freshly charged, my account is all setup and linked with my myfitnesspal account and I am off and...  Well, I'm doing some homework this afternoon before heading out for a meeting.  But, it's on and recording data.  And if I'm at my computer, that precious data is being downloaded every 15 minutes.  So, every time I walk to the kitchen to refill my CamelBak bottle or step to the bathroom, my steps are being accounted for.  

I can't wait to see what it has to say at the end of the day!  I think I'm going to have to go for a walk today to bump up my steps!

Happy shaking the tailfeathers, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment