Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stretching Boundaries...or Busting Them Down to Nothing!

Originally Published January 10, 2012


This whole journey has been about change.  

Changing my eating habits.  Changing how I handle food.  Changing my lifestyle.  Changing the level of activity in my days.  Changing my body.  Changing my mind.

Last week I underwent a major change when my divorce was finalized.  I am officially single.  I have my maiden name back (well, legally, at least...I'm waiting for the paperwork to be sent so that I can go through all the steps of changing it back on my license, the ss office, my employer and bank).

Well, I'm officially on my adventure to continue on this journey of change.

I am on my first solo vacation in a city I've never been to.  Heck, I'm in a state I've never been to.

So, here I am in Austin, Texas with a whole city outside of my door.

What was my first activity?  Running, of course!  Today ran around the state capitol and the university campus.  Tomorrow...who knows!

I'm about to venture out for an afternoon/evening of exploration.  Today, I'm keeping it close to the neighborhood I'm staying in.  Tomorrow, I have ambitions to head further out and to check out a few of the spots I've been looking forward to seeing.

This is a big change for me.  Huge!

I'm the girl who waits whose first instinct is to wait outside a restaurant when waiting for friends because I don't want to go in alone.  Even in my hometown, I'm often out and about with friends and am only out solo for errands and runs.

Here, it's just me.  Nobody to entertain my but myself and the city.  Oh, and from what I've seen in just over 14 hours (most of those asleep), this city is prepared to entertain.

So, go forward and stretch your boundaries, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment