Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sweet September



Originally published on September 1, 2011

In my parts it is the first day of school for most of my teacher friends and the children in my life.  Nevermind that I'm about to finish up my fifth week of teaching this school year.
I'm excited for September first because it's a fresh start for so many different things.  It's when our brains start preparing for autumn - my favorite season, the temperatures get a little more comfortable, the central air is off most of the time, and young minds are focused (most of the time) on learning new things.

This September first is special for a completely new reason.  My first Medifast order is coming TODAY!!! 

Yes, I've been following a modified version of the plan since Monday. Yes, weight has been coming off.  And, yes, I am prepared. 

Last night I reread some important plan information, connected with a few more people on the discussion boards, made a few more friends, followed a bunch of Medifast folks on twitter, added my health coach as a facebook friend, and planned my first week of Lean & Greens. 

Yes, the shopping list is ready - with a few important additions - and so am I!

In preparing for my first order and tomorrow being my first day of 5 & 1, I also shared my new journey with my three closest friends.  They have been by my side for many years, through many dating escapades, through a few apartments, through my almost-over marriage, and they all helped me move into my beautiful new flat two weeks ago.  They've been my cycling, running, swimming, triathlon pals over the years - my teaching partners, classmates, inspiration - they're my besties. 

I was a little concerned about how the reactions would go. WHAT was I thinking?

This is my favorite response...
"I was eating lunch Sunday at the Chicago Aquarium and watching the triathalon along the lake through the windows. One of my favorite thoughts of you is that one summer when you were constantly stripping down and jumping in Lake Michigan to swim. I never got to see it for myself, but the thought always makes me smile. I'm excited for you to be in a position where you can start moving that strong body of yours again."

I'm excited, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment