Monday, May 28, 2012

Water Love


I am a girl who typically consumes anywhere from 160-200 ounces of water a day.  Every day.  

Each day as I pack my bags for school, I have six 32 ounce bottles of water in a cooler bag waiting to be stowed in the classroom fridge and consumed throughout the day.  Sure, this leads to many trips to the rest room – but that means many steps counted on my fitbit.

In an effort to add some variety to my water consumption, I’ve taken up drinking 1-2 bottles of homemade iced green tea.  This has been a great way to shake the plain H2O duldrums while ensuring I continue to get my fill of refreshing liquids.

Last week, a colleague mentioned that she had cucumber lemon water at a nearby hotel and that it was fabulous.  I’ve done lemons in water.  I’ve done cucumbers in water.  But, I’ve never done them together.  The next day, we sliced up cucumbers and lemons and added them to our water bottles.  What do you know?  That’s some good stuff!

Before getting acquainted with the cucumber lemon water, I was already on the hunt for a large pitcher with a spout to brew my green tea in.  A friend had this at a recent party and I thought, “Hmm…I need to do that for my green tea.”

During a shopping excursion to Target, I came upon a variety of perfect vessels for my green tea and cucumber lemon water needs.  I decided on some very cute dotted pitchers that are cheery and perfect for what I had in mind.

After getting home, washing the pitchers and then filling them with water and green tea bags and cucumber and lemon slices, I set them up on my kitchen cart, where I keep my fruit & vegetable stand.  Voila!  The perfect at-home beverage station!


I’m on my third CamelBak bottle full of cucumber lemon water and it is tasty! 


1 comment:

  1. I also learned this trick after my first ever spa day. I can't go to the spa as often as I might like, but this I can maintain. I think the cucumbers and lemon give the water a light watermelon flavor :).

    ReplyDelete