Monday, May 14, 2012

I Was the Pillsbury Dough Girl

I know that I have lost almost 50 pounds since starting my weight loss journey with Take Shape for Life/Medifast.  I know that the changes are visible.  I know that I am making steps towards a healthier life and weight.


What I didn't know is that just nine months ago, and for sometime before that, I was the Pillsbury Dough Girl!


Really.  Nobody told me.  Nobody said, "Jen, steer clear of the donuts, custard, cake, bread, pizza..."  None of it.


I just got back home from a short walk to Mom & Dad K.'s to drop off some things for them.  I had a brisk walk there, listening to my iPod.  I even got beeped at, from behind, by my friend Sharon - the same one who called me "skinny" the other day (thanks, Sharon!).  I had a nice chat with Mom & Dad.  Then, as I was about to leave, my mom said, "Did you see the pictures I got?"  Uhm...no, I hadn't.


So, I'm standing in front of her gigantic mirror, admiring the changes that are very clear in this fitted yoga pants, and she pulls out a handful of pictures and hands them to me.  My first fear is that they were going to include the wasband.  They were pics from a family wedding from last spring.  She quickly said, "Oh, no...I want you to see something."  I flipped through pictures of family and extended family, everyone looking lovely and happy - even mom who just had a double knee replacement less than a month before.  Then, I saw it.  The Pillsbury Dough Girl was standing in the picture wearing my dress and jewelry.  A dress and jewelry that I was very proud of.  A great find.  Fabulously coordinated.  Seriously, it was the Pillsbury Dough Girl standing next to my dad.


Oh, I was horrified.  Sad.  Shocked.  Stunned.


I just kept looking from the picture to the mirror and back again.  I couldn't quite believe it.


I will be getting my hands on that picture so that I can do a side-by-side comparison.  Oh...you bet I will.  I just couldn't bring it with me because I had no purse or bag.

I can't wait to share it with you - because it's amazing.


Before I handed the pictures back, my mom said, "I just wanted you to see how far you've come."

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! And I hope you're running, skipping, hopping, jumping around singing "Yay for me!" You deserve it. You earned it.

    ReplyDelete