Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Let Them Eat Cake!

Oh, I love cake.  I love ice cream.  I love frozen custard.  I love donuts.  Yep, love it all!  It's tasty and delicious and yummy and just some of the best tasting stuff I can think of.


But, it is not going to help me to reach my goal of a healthy weight and the active lifestyle that I enjoy - so it will have to wait.

Someday, not to far from now, I will be able to incorporate these things back into my life as once-in-a-while special treats.  That day is not today.  And it was not yesterday.



Speaking of yesterday...  While sitting at lunch yesterday, my colleague Ben came up to me and said, "You have to go to the office.  There's pistachio cake."  I looked at him - probably as if he's lost his ever-loving mind - and said, "No, I'm not going to have cake."  His response: "It's Temptation Tuesday!"


Apparently, some of my colleagues are playing the game in this Biggest Loser contest.


I did not go to the office and I did not eat cake.


Today, while chatting with some colleagues, I looked away for a second, turned my head back and saw a box of bakery-fresh ho-ho-like delights in front of me.  Directly in front of me.  


I didn't eat the ho-ho-like delights, either.


Tonight when I got home, I was greeted with the newest issue of Milwaukee Magazine in my mailbox.  Haven't seen it, yet?  There is a triple scoop cake cone on the cover...of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry frozen custard...from Kopp's - on the cover!


Oh my!


Well, world...you can throw all the temptations at me you'd like.  I walked past the peanut squares my dad had sitting on the counter last weekend.  I didn't eat the cake yesterday.  I didn't eat the ho-ho-like delights today.  And, I didn't drive to Kopps...or Leon's (it's much closer - and I think, better!) tonight to indulge in some of Milwaukee's best commodity - frozen custard.  That's right.  I'm on a path and I'm not stopping.  Not until I reach my end point.


You kids can all enjoy these tasty and delightful treats.  I'll see you there later.  Save me some ice water and fresh veggies.  


Thanks!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment