Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Got Quiche?

My goodness, you would think I've never read a recipe before with the rookie mistake I just made. Mom, I hope you never find this.  Grandmas, I'm sure you're both bowing your heads in shame from above.  Girl scout leader that had a night of baking for us to earn a badge, my apologies.


Tonight was the night I was going to make my first-ever batch of Cauliflower Pizza Crusts.  I was very excited.  I have been wanting to make this since I first spotted the recipe in...August!  I went to the store and came home armed with two heads of fresh cauliflower, two varieties of cheese to ensure proper moisture levels in the final product, and enough Egg Beaters to serve brunch to the neighborhood.  I was ready. I was excited.  


I was blinded.


The recipe CLEARLY calls for 1/4 cup of Egg Beaters.  I don't know what would lead me to read that as 1/2 cup of Egg Beaters - but I did.  And that's EXACTLY how I mixed and prepared not one, but four, batches of Cauliflower Pizza Crust.  


Well, this recipe has a new name...


Cauliflower Breakfast Quiche.  


Follow the same directions as you would for the Cauliflower Pizza Crust, just double the Egg Beaters.


Enjoy!


Tomorrow, I will return to the kitchen to make my first-ever batch of Cauliflower Pizza Crusts...after I go buy more Egg Beaters!

1 comment: