Sunday, May 13, 2012

Not a Baked Good in Sight

If you know me or my family you know that we like food.  We like to eat it, cook it, bake it, share it, read about it...  You get the picture.


Anything that is an occasion includes a meal.  It's your birthday - there's dinner and cake.  It's the Fourth of July - there's grilling and some patriotic-themed dessert.  It's Easter - there's ham and strawberry shortcake. It's Thanksgiving - there's turkey and pumpkin pie.


Today is Mother's Day and there was a beef tenderloin, potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms and zucchini - all of it was done on the grill.  And it was all delicious.  There was no fresh bakery bread.  I didn't spy a cake or brownies.  There were not any Sunday donuts to be found.  


I think I have experienced a first in my family's history of celebrations.  A meal without a dessert.


Thank you, Mom & Dad!  You made this day so much easier.  So, I indulged in a quarter-half cup more veggies than I should have.  There was nothing including chocolate to tempt me, so today it was the zucchini and asparagus.  What a treat to not have to navigate my way past the baked goods.  THANK YOU!


And, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.  

1 comment:

  1. What sweet parents :). Are they open to adoption, per chance? ;)

    ReplyDelete