Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Cinco de Produce!

Happy Cinco de Mayo, Friends!


I spent my afternoon on an expedition to stock up for some tasty lean & green meals with my mom and dad.


We started at the West Allis Farmers' Market.  It was opening day for the season and today presently mostly plants - herbs, vegetables and beautiful floral varieties.  I was able to pick up a few pounds of fresh spinach and some beautiful mushrooms.  


Next was a trip to the fabulous Metcalfe's Sentry for some items from their amazing meat case.  I just packed up some chicken breasts, ground turkey, boneless pork chops and ground lamb.  Not to shabby for a quick run-in on a Saturday afternoon.


Finally, we took our maiden voyage into Pete's Fruit Market.  Oh...it was everything I thought it would be and then some.  I left there with a bucket of tomatoes, another bucket of bell peppers, a bunch of green onions, a head of romaine lettuce and some zucchini.  All for just over $11!




Now, I must decide...what's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment