Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Doc's Report

I had my annual appointment with my primary care physician yesterday.  I had gone in two weeks ago for my fasting blood draw and was anxious to hear what she had to say.  And, you know me, I had her write down last year's numbers and this year's numbers before we started that part of our fabulous conversation.
The blood work report:
Total cholesterol (which was fine) is down 56.
Triglcerides (which were scary high and I promised they would go down because she wanted to put me on meds) went down 142!
HDL (good cholesterol) is up 8 (needs to go up a little more, still...hello, salmon! and I'll keep on with the flax and chia - which I already love!).
LDL (bad cholesterol - which was fine) went down 26.
Gotta ♥ this!
I really was a little worried that I'd be the one person that could lose 80 pounds in a year and go to the doc and be told it was time for medication.  Nope.  Not a chance!
Thank you, Take Shape For Life & Medifast!!!
  The "I'm a Rockstar" was waiting for me at the staff breakfast this morning with the "Amazing!" card.  What a great reflection of how AMAZING I feel!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Remember me? Linda from late last year. Anyway, I kept the weight off for about 6 months and gained about 25 back. Then I put on the brakes and haven't gained anymore, but I am going to get started on Medifast again and take off some more weight. I was going to community college and am now in a 4-year university singing my tail off. It is SO much more work. But as you know with singing, I am always in front of others and my weight is making me crazy-er. haha!

    I hope this finds you well and I hope you check your comments. I'll have to look through my email and see if I still have you in my contacts. I'm sure I do.

    Linda (herring367@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete