Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gratitude, Day #5

It’s official.  I’m addicted to the mini donuts.  I love them.  They are easy to make.  They are cute.  They taste fabulous.  Why wouldn’t I love them?

For much of this weight loss journey, I was a fan of meals I could drink.  If I could put it in a cup and add a straw, it was good.  If I could throw it in the ninja with some ice, even better.  Now that I’ve had some time with meals with texture, that require chewing, I’m happy to have them back in my life. 

As I think ahead to what will be portable and easy for life back in the classroom, I’m thinking these little donut gems will be perfect.  I’m already guzzling a ton of water every day, why not give my tummy a little something more to work with.

I’ve also been experimenting with splitting my Lean & Green meal into two meals.  That’s been working out pretty well.  I may be doing that more often.

On the school front, there were lots of little victories yesterday.  I paid off my summer tuition.  I read the first part of the reading assignment for the class that starts Monday.  I found out that instead of teaching three different English classes, it may be only two.  That’s fantastic.  One less class to plan for.  Thank goodness!!!

I also had a little change in my schedule for today, which opens up time to get my reading done without racing through it.  My goal: to have it done before Friday night.  I’ve got a reunion to go to this weekend!

30 Days of Grateful, Day #5: 1. Cooler weather for a few days!  2. Last minute schedule changes that give me the time I was desperately looking for.  3. The coffee is already made!

Go get ‘em, tigers!

1 comment:

  1. :) The more I read about these do-nuts ;), the more I want to buy that little machine! I'm so glad to hear your routine is shaping up in good ways for you! <3

    ReplyDelete