Monday, August 27, 2012

An A-Ha! Moment

I posted this earlier tonight in an online forum on the Medifast site. 

For about 5 seconds I felt I was about to be in a situation that moved me backwards - but I've got to learn - just like on this journey - that I can't always have what I want NOW. I have to work through the process, learn some lessons, put in the hard work.

Holy crap...there was an epiphany! I just wrote my way right through this. 
 

Can't even delete it because I will need to come back to this.

That's right I need to come back to this.  It is true for every avenue of life.  I want things and I want them NOW.  Anyone else feel the same about things?

And, as much as I may try to get everything I want at the exact time I want it, sometimes it just is not possible.  Maybe it is impossible.  Maybe it's not a good idea.  Maybe it is one of those things that you just should not rush.

Some things take time.  Many things require hard work.  Many things include lessons to be learned.  Life is a process.

Well, I'll be!

I've spent the past year working on getting myself healthy - inside and out.  Mentally, physically and emotionally.  It's been hard work.  I've fallen a few times.  And I've picked myself up, dusted myself off and continued on my journey one more time than I've fallen.  And, if I fall again, I'll pick myself up again.  So it has been going on this journey to a healthier life.

And, so it goes for many other things.

Sure, when I decided that I was going to finish my Reading Teacher license, I wished it could have already been done.  But, I'm going through the process and now, it's almost done.  Just my practicum left and it's over.  

This is so true for many things in our lives.  Maybe it's school, learning something new, picking up a new activity, losing weight, changing careers, moving, a relationship...  Whatever it is, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.  And if it's worth doing well, there are going to be things that need to be done along the way to keep the train rolling towards the finish line.

So, I'm in.  Taking the journey.  Enjoying the ride.  Putting in the work.  Learning the lessons.

Go get 'em, tigers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment