Sunday, August 26, 2012

So, It Was Just About a year Ago...

Today the family is heading to Serbian Fest.  This is an annual family tradition and it completely centers around food and catching up with family.  And there is an abundance of food to be had.  Chicken and lamb, salads, sausages, tortes, pastries, and many other tasty Serbian dishes.  It's the very same festival I was at last year when I had a life-changing conversation with my dad's cousin about Medifast.

It was one of those moments where everything snapped into place like finding the last piece of the puzzle.  I was in the midst of a major life change and was ready to make things happen.  My cousin had been on the plan for a while and was at or close to her goal.  I'd never asked about the program she was doing, but knew the name and saw what could happen.  Finally, I was in the mental place where I could HEAR what would be said - so I ASKED the question.


I went straight home and placed my first order. My life has not been the same since that day.

Friday night I completed The Color Run, my 8th 5k run event of the past year (started those in November).   Last weekend I completed a 5k mud run - The Dirty Girl...yeah, you know it!  Yesterday I registered for The Glo Run that's in town in 4 weeks.  I also registered for next year's Dirty Girl!  I've got both of my bikes up and running and they are making daily trips out and about.  I was up early this morning, so hopped on the bike at 5:30 am for a little 90 minute spin to the lake, along the lake, and back through town.


Photo

A year ago, I was barely walking.  I was bloated and puffy and heavy.  I didn't just look it - I felt it.  A year ago today I was out with friends for a night of movie and dinner and came home to incredibly swollen feet and ankles.  I was scared.  I didn't know what was happening to my body.  I didn't know if I'd re-injured my foot or if something serious was happening.  Two days later I placed my first order.  I haven't looked back since.



Yesterday morning, my cousin Hunter (he's 8) looked at me and said, "You used to be a puffy balloon. Now you're skinny!" Oh, children! I love that boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment