Monday, August 6, 2012

Gratitude, Day 2


Good morning and happy Monday!

In today’s installment:
  • Letting someone in
  • Finding time to breathe
  • Day #2 of 30 Days of Gratitude


Yesterday I did something that I don’t know I’ve done before.  I let someone do something for me that I was perfectly capable of doing on my own. 

I know your jaw is on the floor.  Pick it up. 

Yes, I let the man help me.  In my home.  It was eye-opening.  And efficient.  While he put the bookcase together, I got some other things done that moved along my completion of Mission Office Organization.  Now, I am sitting in my organized office with everything in its place feeling mighty proud of myself.  And cared for. 

He saw that there were some things that I wanted to get done and did not hesitate to offer his assistance.  Sure, part of it is that he loves my office (really – it’s about as much office as it is library - and I’m fairly sure he just see’s wall-to-wall books and a collection of Teacher’s Editions of English textbooks, which he’s completely taken with)and thinks it’s a great place to hang out.  It’s also that he’s just a good guy who wants to help. 

Well, blow me over.  Not sure what has my head spinning more…that I’ve landed in the company of a man that is not only smart, funny, reads more than me, is taller than me AND is genuinely nice or that I allowed this smart, funny, tall, and nice reading gentleman to do something for me.  Whatever it is, I know it’s me breaking through some boundaries and growing.

In other news…

In the midst of me being in task-master mode this past week, I came upon a piece of art that spoke to me in many ways.  It also happens to be a DIY project I stumbled upon while cruising Pinterest.  I took some time yesterday to get started with step one…gathering snippets of food pictures.

So, what else could I do on a glorious Sunday afternoon but camp out on the living room floor surrounded by crashing piles of Bon Appétit, Cooking Light, Clean Eating and Whole Living and cutting out pictures of delectable delights.  So as not to be completely uninspired, I put on “Julie & Julia” for my entertainment pleasure.  Oh, it was perfect.

Which brings me to…

30 Days of Gratitude, Day #2:
1.      Learning to grow beyond my own boundaries
2.      Taking time to do something not on the to-do list
3.      The man that gently helped me break down a wall of my own making

Go get ‘em, tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment