Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Gratitude, Day 4


Fall is in the air.  Back-to-school sales are on.  The children are starting to get on their parents’ last nerve.  Teachers are busy planning for another school year.

My back-to-school mail has been rolling in since the middle of July.  It started with the Welcome to the Reading Practicum email.  That one included a lengthy and costly book list and some reading assignments to be completed before we meet for our training next week.  Today, it was the Welcome Back to the Classroom letter with a schedule of regular meetings and the revised bell schedule.

Yes, with these things comes a certain amount of stress and anxiety.  I also get a sense of relief.  Everything is falling into place.  Ah…a schedule.  I need a schedule.  I need to know where I’m supposed to be and when.  Of course, I’m overwhelmed by it all.  It’s going to be a crazy year. 

So, before the school year starts, I’m continuing my preparations – buckling my seatbelt for the wild and crazy ride. 

30 Days of Gratitude, Day #4
  1. Cool breezes
  2. Mini donuts
  3. Sleeping in

No comments:

Post a Comment