Friday, April 19, 2013

Sunshine Friday


Day #11 and thinking about next week’s smoothie menu…oh, the possibilities!

I’m starting the day with the Green Benevolence Smoothie from Victoria Boutenko’s Green for Life is today’s Spa Skin Cleanse.  It's a tasty blend of romaine, red grapes, banana, orange, and I did 1/2 coconut water and 1/2 Door County Cherry Tea for the liquid.

The Spa Skin Cleanse from Simple Green Smoothies is my lunch, though I hear Dave is doing it in the reverse order.  Really, I just liked the combination of flavors.  If it makes me glow a little more than I already am, I’ll take it – we could use some sunshine around here.  I had a taste last night after filling our bottles and it is delicious!!!  This one may be a regular for us – especially since I know how much we both love pineapple and avocado.

Dinner is going to be leftovers from Wednesday’s Lentil Soup and Indian appetizers dinner.  There’s a good amount of soup and naan left.  I think we’ll get cozy on the couch and pop in a dvd!

As I looked into the fridge and freezer and eyed up the fruit bowl, I’m thinking that there will be some what’s-left-in-the-fridge smoothie making this weekend before we stock up for the next week.

Looking back on this week, I'm really noticing that I'm sleeping very well.  For a while, I couldn't say this.  Now, I fall asleep easily, stay asleep, and find myself waking before my alarm.  I also feel energized throughout the day, am not craving junk food and am seeking out more cleaner foods for my smoothies, daily snack and dinner.  It helps that there's some sun shining right now - and that my pants are looser - thank goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment