Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rainy Day #9


Happy Smoothie Day #9!

I’m pretty sure that it was just yesterday that I talked about the sun shining in my classroom windows.  Now I’m looking out at grey and rainy. 

It’s a good thing we looked at the weather yesterday and decided to take advantage of the sunshine and grabbed some Subway, went down to the lake and enjoyed the view from a picnic table in the park.  What a great impromptu dinner date.  Our original plan was soup and sandwiches.

This was followed by what was intended to be a quick stop at the grocery for more smoothie supplies and some flax crackers…oh, I’m in love!  I cleared them out of their supply of Mary’s Gone Crackers and will be enjoying these with a tasty little spread later this morning.  There was lots of fruit and greens in the cart, including some rhubarb, more spinach to round out the chard and kale that’s in the fridge and a pack of kiwi.  Yummy!

Today’s smoothies are both creations inspired by what I had on hand when I got down to business.   Breakfast includes spinach, Italian parsley, rhubarb, strawberries, cranberries, dark cherries, and orange with a helping of Navitas Naturals Superfruit Blend.  Lunch will be Swiss chard, romaine, kiwi, strawberries, mango, orange with a dose of Navitas Naturals Superfood Blend.

Dinner will pick up where yesterday’s impromptu date sent us on a fresh air detour.  I’ve already prepared a very fragrant Arabic Lentil Soup that I found in a Pinterest search.  I’m pretty sure my mouth watered as I read through the recipe.  That I was able to go to bed last night without sneaking a taste is amazing.  Now, I’m ready to get home and cuddle up on the couch with my sweetheart and enjoy the soup.

Stay dry and cozy, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment