Thursday, April 18, 2013

Foggy Outside, Clarity Inside


Welcome Day #10…and more rain!

It’s still raining and foggy outside.  I am just a few short blocks from Allen Bradley, yet can’t spot the clock or temperature from my office this morning.  In my classroom, my usually amazing view of the lake and Hoan Bridge is intermittently disturbed by the rolling fog.   Word on Weather Bug is that it’s going to get into the 60s today.  I may have to get out and run around the block with my rain coat on, hood cinched tightly just to feel it.

The one thing that is bright today is my morning smoothie.  I wasn’t feeling it when I made it last night – must have been the frozen grapes.  Now that it’s liquid happiness, I’m loving it!  Breakfast today is a Peach Coconut Dream.  It is really tasty.  Maybe I was just bitter about washing a big pile of spinach, or handling all of those frozen grapes.  Whatever the case, I’m enjoying my breakfast.

Lunch is Berry Cherry Jubilee and I snuck a taste last night after filling our smoothie bottles (we’re using 32 oz. Nalgene bottles that we picked up at GanderMountain this weekend for 20% off!).  I had this one during my first few days of smoothie-palooza and it’s sweet and tasty and mmm…mmm…good!

I’d like to report that last night’s soup was a success!  We matched it up with some tasty Indian appetizers from the little Indian place a few blocks from school.  I ordered online and picked it up when we left school.  Great plan that turned out splendidly on a cool, rainy day – go team!!!

It’s been great to share this new adventure with the people around me.  My students are curious about the “mud” in my bottle, colleagues are asking about the smoothies,  facebook friends are sharing their own smoothie journeys, and we’re all learning a little more each day.  I’m more than happy to share resources (check out the links within each blog post!) and talk about how I got to this place with my food preparation and consumption.

Each day I feel clearer, lighter, cleaner, less bloated, better rested, and more energized for the day. 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment